OCTOBER NEWSLETTER 2017
Dear Parents and Students,
As October approaches students should be getting settled into their classes. If there is any concern with placement of your child’s class please see Karrie or Heather so that we can discuss any other options there may be.
UPCOMING INFORMATION FOR OCTOBER:
ZUMBA CLASSES: FREE trial class! Walk ins $9.00 or 10 class punch card $70.00. Zumba classes are on Mondays 7:00-7:45 pm, Wednesdays 7:00-8:00 pm and Saturdays 8:30-9:30 am.
COLUMBUS DAY - Monday October 9th - "Gotta Dance" will be CLOSED in observation of Columbus Day & there will be no Zumba class that evening.
HALLOWEEN COSTUMES –Tuesday, October 23rd – Monday, October 30th students may wear their Halloween Costumes (or part of their costumes) to class. Please be sure they can safely dance in these costumes. No face masks please. (Miss Heather’s Tuesday morning classes can wear their costumes to class on Tuesday, October 31st)
HALLOWEEN - OCTOBER 31ST – “GOTTA DANCE” WILL CLOSE AT 5:30pm.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLING NEW STUDENTS throughout the month of October. Please see Karrie or Heather for available classes.
NEW CLASSES: *Classes start week of October 16th – email Heather if you are interested in registering
JAZZ FUNK (agesADULT/TEEN) with Miss Katrina - Tuesdays 7:15-8:15 pm
(*Any parent of an enrolled student can join Jazz Funk for 50% off!)
MODERN JAZZ (ages 9-12) with Miss Thea - Saturdays 10:30-11:30 am
BRING A FRIEND WEEK! Monday, October 16th – Saturday, October 21st. Acro spots are limited for safety reasons. If you plan to bring a friend to Acro let your instructor know ahead of time to add them to the sign-up list. Anyone who refers a friend that registers at Gotta Dance will receive $25 for each friend that joins. The friend must be a new student to Gotta Dance, attend a class with you and they must put your name down as a referral on their registration form when registering.If you have a friend that would like to come but can’t make it during that week just let your instructor know and they can come any time throughout the month of October.
2017/2018 STUDIO HANDBOOK: Please be sure that each of you have received and read our new 2017/2018 Studio Handbook. All students should arrive to their dance class wearing proper attire and shoes. Dress Code Guidelines can be found on pg. 4 of your packet or on the website. Please note that "Gotta Dance" has an all-black dress code.
WAITING ROOM: We ask to please respect our studio space and help us keep it neat by following these guidelines:
- To maximize the studio space, our lobby area is mainly designed as a drop off/pick up space where dancers can prepare for classes or wait in between classes. We understand parents of younger children especially, may want to stay and you are welcome to do so. However, please understand the primary use of our waiting area.
- When the blinds are open during class, it can be a distraction to the students and teachers. Teachers may close the blinds at any time to keep students focused and use the time in class more efficiently.
- Please do not enter the studio once class has begun unless it's urgent.
- If you choose to stay in our lobby area during class time, please respect the space. Do not allow your children to stand on the benches or on the sides of the storage cubby.
- If you have younger children with you, please bring something for them to occupy their time. Please do not use paper and business cards on the desk for coloring.
- If someone eats something, please ask the receptionist or instructor for the small vacuum if needed to clean up any food remnants.
- With cold and flu season approaching, please refrain from having younger children touching and placing their faces on the glass windows.
Thank you for your cooperation. If we can work together to keep our studio running smoothly, we will all benefit in the results :)
COSTUME DEPOSITS will be due in November in the amount of $40.00 per class. Balances will be due in February (costume balances should not exceed $35.00 per class). All costume deposits are non-refundable. Payment plan options are available for students enrolled in 3 or more classes. Please pay costume deposits separate from tuition (checks payable to: Karrie Stang Mason). *Note: Credit card payments are not accepted for costume deposits or balances – cash or checks only please.
ANNUAL RECITAL: We are happy to announce that our 2018 recital will take place on Saturday, June 23, 2018 at the Collins Center in Andover. Dress rehearsal will tentatively take place on Thursday, June 21st.
REMINDER: Please keep your tuition up to date. All tuition is due on or before your child’s first dance class of each month. Payments can be mailed to the address above or placed in the tuition box located in the waiting room. Statements will not be given out each month. For billing questions and other questions or concerns please contact our Office Manager Heather Dinsmore at (978) 671-0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTES REGARDING NOVEMBER HOLIDAYS: “Gotta Dance” was going to be closed on Friday, November 10th in observation of Veteran’s Day, but due to being closed for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (Wednesday, November 22nd – Saturday, November 25th), we have decided to remain OPEN for all classes on Friday, November 10th. Let your instructor know if you are not able to attend classes on that Friday. We are open for all classes on Veteran’s Day, Saturday, November 11th as well. We will also be OPEN on Tuesday, November 7th for all classes even though Billerica Public Schools have no school that day.
Miss Karrie & The "Gotta Dance" Staff :)